Friday, January 8, 2010

Tautou + Ibsen ?


Everyone loves Amélie, and everyone loves Audrey Tautou.

Tautou is the French Audrey Hepburn of our day, and when all is said and done she will remain everyone's favorite, strictly French, actress. As she told Stevie Wong of The Straits Times:



“I am, at the end of the day, a French actress. I am not saying I will never shoot an English-language movie again, but my home, my community, my career is rooted in France. I would never move to Los Angeles.”


Tautou's next step in her young career is the stage--theater. She is going to star in Ibsen's famous piece, A Doll's House, starting in February.


Maison de poupée
, d'Ibsen, une nouvelle version de la pièce présentée récemment à la Colline, avec, pour la première fois au théâtre, Audrey Tautou, « mariée » à Michel Fau, qui signe aussi la mise en scène. l La Madeleine (01 42 65 07 09), à partir du 16 février.

-david